First off, take note that wedding party should be chosen after the venue plans are finalized. Even if you’re sure you can’t get married without your best friend from since kindergarten or your favourite sister or all your college roommates standing up for you, you really can’t make good wedding decisions unless you’ve finalized your wedding venue. I know…I know!…you’re wondering why is this so?!…Hear this…you can always add to your bridal party but it it’s horribly awkward-and possibly permanently damaging to a friendship-to have to withdraw an invitation.
After you’ve considered which friend and/or relative to include, you then imagine looking around as the ceremony begins. You then ask yourself the following questions:
- Will you feel supported by them?
- Are you grateful to have them in your life?
- Are they grateful to have you in theirs?
- Are they really going to be happy for me?
These are the people you really want as part of your wedding party.
Also take into consideration the following:
- The larger the wedding party, the higher the cost
- A larger party can make it harder to arrive at a consensus on anything, from bridesmaid dresses to hairstyles to the style of shoes.
Tell us: How many people are in your bridal party? How did you decide who to include?